I. General information
The ”Elie Wiesel” National Institute for the Study of the Holocaust in Romania respects the right to privacy and confidentiality of data of persons visiting the website www.roholocaust.com and contacting the Institute through the methods available on this website.
II. The categories of processed data
The information that the ”Elie Wiesel” National Institute for the Study of the Holocaust in Romania collects through the site www.roholocaust.com can be of two types: "personal data", information through which an individual can be identified and "data anonymized ”, by which an individual cannot be identified.
• When you visit or interact with the site, the ”Elie Wiesel” National Institute for the Study of the Holocaust in Romania may collect anonymized information using Cookies (files sent by a web server on a person's computer for archiving). Cookies are used by most websites and help simplify continuous access to and use of a particular website. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer's operating system or files, and only the website that sent a specific cookie can read, modify, or delete the cookie. Suppose users do not want this information to be stored by cookies. In that case, most browsers have simple methods to allow the deletion of stored cookies, the automatic rejection of cookies, or the selection between acceptance and rejection).
• The Institute processes the personal data that you provide directly in the context of using the website www.roholocaust.com, accessing the Contact section on the website: name & surname, e-mail address / no. by phone.
III. The purpose of personal data processing
The Institute processes the data that you provide through the contact methods available on the website www.roholocaust.com, for:
• be able to contact you and respond to your request.
• marketing activities, respectively for the transmission, through distance communication means (e-mail), information, updates regarding the activity carried out by the Institute in the field of research and promotion of Holocaust memory in Romania (commemorative events, cultural or educational projects, edits & publications of books).
Providing your data for this purpose is voluntary. Refusal to provide consent for the processing of your data for this purpose will not have negative consequences for you. To unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications, you may respond to our message by expressing your desire to stop receiving such information.
IV. The period of data processing
The Institute will process your data to the extent necessary to achieve the processing purposes mentioned above.
V. Disclosure and transfer of personal data
The Institute will not disclose your data to a company or third party organization that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes unless you have expressly given your consent.
The Institute does not transfer the personal data of data subjects outside the European Union.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law.
VI. Data security
The Institute takes all necessary organizational and technical measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information collected through the methods made available on the website www.roholocaust.com
These measures include:
• storing your personal information in secure operating environments, which are not available to the public and accessible only to authorized employees or contractors of the Institute.
VII. Your rights:
Under the conditions provided for by the legislation on the processing of personal data, as data subjects, you enjoy the following rights:
• the right to information, respectively the right to receive details regarding the processing activities performed by the Institute;
• the right to access data, respectively the right to obtain confirmation from the Institute regarding the processing of personal data, as well as details on the processing activities such as how the data are processed, the purpose for which the processing is done;
• the right to rectification, respectively the right to obtain the correction, without justified delays, by the Institute of inaccurate/unjustified personal data, as well as the completion of incomplete data;
• the right to delete data, without undue delay ("right to be forgotten"), if one of the following reasons applies:
> the data are no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
> you withdraw your consent, and there is no other legal basis for processing;
> you oppose the processing, and there are no legitimate reasons to prevail;
> personal data processed illegally;
> personal data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation;
· the right to restrict processing to the extent that:
> challenge the accuracy of the data for a period that allows us to verify the correctness of the data;
> the processing is illegal, but you oppose the deletion of personal data, instead requesting their use restriction.
For any further questions regarding how personal data are processed, and to exercise your rights mentioned above, you can contact us at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org